Options for Drugs Not Covered
At Preferred Care Partners, we provide our members with an
extensive formulary. There may be instances when you need a drug
that is not covered in our plan, or the restrictions on a drug may
not meet your needs. To ensure you receive optimum care, we provide
you with the following options when your prescription is not
- Contact Member Services to confirm that
the medication is not covered.
- Ask your doctor if you can switch to another drug that we
- Contact Member Services if you would
like to provide your doctor with a list of covered drugs used to
treat similar medical conditions.
- Ask us to make an exception to cover your drug using the
Coverage Determination Request Form.
- Pay out-of-pocket for the drug and then request an exception
using the Coverage Determination Request Form.
If you are a new member, you may be able to get a temporary
supply of a medication you were taking when you joined the plan.
Check with Member Services to see if you qualify for this
1 (866) 231-7201 - toll-free, TTY 711.
Hours of Operation: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. local time, 7 days a week to enroll over the phone or to schedule a face to face appointment with a licensed sales agent in your area.